The GHMPO is administered through three committees, which hold regular quarterly meetings.
- Organization Chart
- 2017 GHMPO Committee Meeting Schedule (PDF)
- 2018 GHMPO Committee Meeting Schedule (PDF)
The Policy Committee is the decision making body for the organization. It is made up of the following officials or their designees:
- Mayor, City of Flowery Branch
- Mayor, City of Gainesville
- Mayor, City of Oakwood
- Chairperson, Hall County Board of Commissioners
- Chairperson, Jackson County Board of Commissioners
- Commissioner, Georgia Department of Transportation
Technical Coordinating Committee
The Technical Coordinating Committee (TCC) provides recommendations from a technical perspective on the plans and programs adopted by the GHMPO. The voting membership is made up of administrators, engineers and planners from the member jurisdictions, Hall Area Transit and GDOT. The non-voting membership includes representatives of various State and Federal transportation agencies, local law enforcement, school boards and major local institutions.
Citizens Advisory Committee
The Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC) provides recommendations from the public's perspective, and consists of 19 appointees from the member jurisdictions as follows:
- Braselton - 1
- Flowery Branch - 2
- Gainesville - 5
- Hall County - 8
- Jackson County - 1
- Oakwood - 2
The GHMPO staff administers the planning program and provides technical guidance and administrative support to the committees.