September 2019: Jackson County Transportation Plan Adopted
In July of 2018, Jackson County and GHMPO began an update to the Jackson County Transportation Plan, the first of its kind since the Jackson County Roadways Plan was completed in 2008. This study provided Jackson County and GHMPO with the following:
- Overview of study area, past studies, major employers, commute patterns, etc.
- Travel and roadway conditions
- Existing performance related to safety, crash rates, traffic volumes, freight
- Assessment of future needs
- Recommendations regarding roadway improvements, non-motorized system recommendations, and transit recommendations
The study concluded in July 2019 and was adopted by the Jackson County Board of Commissioners on July 15, 2019, and by the GHMPO Policy Committee on September 17, 2019.
The Jackson County Transportation Plan is available in full on our website here.